In an effort to combat the rising gun violence in Northwest Louisiana, Louisiana State Police has partnered with local and federal law enforcement agencies. This is a collaborative initiative to provide additional patrol, investigative capabilities, and resources to the affected areas in Shreveport/Bossier City, as well as additional surrounding areas including Bienville Parish.
The Violent Crimes Abatement Committee is comprised of leaders from federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies, in Northwest Louisiana, along with community leaders. A violent crimes task force, known as the Violent Crimes Abatement Team (V-CAT), was created to carry out the mission of providing a safer environment for residents of Louisiana and those visiting our state. Incorporating multiple jurisdictions and utilizing numerous enforcement methods, V-CAT will continue to work diligently to find, apprehend, and prosecute illegal firearm offenders. Our efforts are in hopes of preventing someone from becoming a victim.
The public plays an important role in identifying suspects involved in criminal activity and is urged to report this activity to law enforcement. The Louisiana State Police online reporting system is available to the public through an anonymous reporting form that is submitted to the appropriate investigators.
CLICK HERE to report a crime
This partnership will include the following law enforcement agencies:
- FBI – Federal Bureau of Investigation,
- Federal Bureau of Alcohol,
- Tobacco and Firearms,
- Drug Enforcement Administration – DEA,
- Shreveport Police Department,
- Bossier Parish Sheriff’s Office,
- Shreveport Marshal’s Office,
- Minden Police Department,
- Webster Parish Sheriff’s Office,
- Claiborne Parish Sheriff’s Office,
- Desoto Parish Sheriff’s Office,
- Red River Parish Sheriff’s Office,
- Bienville Parish Sheriff’s Department,
- Bossier City Marshal’s Office,
- Caddo Parish Sheriff’s Office,
- Haughton Police Department,
- Homer Police Department,
- Greenwood Police Department,
- Dixie Inn Police Department,
- Mansfield Police Department
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE
You must log in to post a comment.