By Brad Dison
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries and the Mill Creek Lake Commission have scheduled a drawdown on Mill Creek Reservoir, commonly referred to as Saline Lake. The Lake Commission plans to lower the lake beginning August 13, 2022.
This drawdown is for shoreline maintenance and erosion control.
The lake will be lowered 4 to 6 inches per day until it reaches the target goal of 8 feet below normal pool stage. The lake will be held at this level until about January 15, 2023, at which time the water control gate will be closed and the lake allowed to refill.
- There is no fee to launch a boat from the boat launch near the dam.
- There is a $10 fee per car to enter the Point.
- Camping at the Point in a camper is $30 per night.
- Camping in a tent at the Point is $15 per night.
- The Watergate is closed until repairs to the dock can be made.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE