Yesterday, March 28, The Louisiana Department of Education announced the finalists for the state’s “Outstanding School Support Employee” awards program. The 10 finalists represent schools across Louisiana and a wide range of professions. Employees eligible for the annual honor serve students and families in roles such as bus driver, food service worker, clerical, and custodial.
“Support staff are the backbone of our schools,” said State Superintendent of Education Dr. Cade Brumley. “These professionals are often the unsung heroes who keep our buildings safe, drive students to and from school, create welcoming environments for families, and support our teachers. Congratulations to our finalists.”
The finalists will be recognized during the Louisiana State Board of Elementary and Secondary Education (BESE) meeting on April 19. Finalists were selected among over 700 nominees submitted from across the state. All public school systems were eligible to make one selection per category: elementary, middle, and high school.
The finalists for the 2023 Louisiana Outstanding School Support Employee Awards are:
- Central Community School System: Brandy Singleton (Food Service/Tanglewood Elementary)
- Lafayette Parish School System: Angela Batiste (Paraprofessional/Katharine Drexel Elementary)
- Morehouse Parish School Board: Tiffany Goldsby (Clerical/Morehouse Elementary
- Bienville Parish School Board: Craig Jenkins (Paraprofessional/Arcadia School)
- Jefferson Parish Schools: Angel Walker (Paraprofessional/Gretna Middle)
- Shreveport Charter/Linwood Public Charter School: Rosemary Miles (Custodial)
- Avoyelles Parish School Board: Linda Daigrepont (Paraprofessional/Marksville High)
- Iberville Parish Schools: Melvin Walker III (Paraprofessional/East Iberville High)
- St. John the Baptist Parish Public Schools: Donna Scott (Bus Driver/West St. John High)
- West Feliciana Parish Schools: Trina Washington (Custodial/West Feliciana High)
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE
You must log in to post a comment.