This Mexican Street Corn White Chicken Chili is a soup pot of heaven! I used precooked fajita meat to keep this super easy and wanted to just face plant into the bowl! Make this pronto! Soup season is HERE, and no one is happier than I am about it!
– 16 ounce package precooked chicken fajita meat, chopped
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 tablespoon butter- 1 yellow onion, diced
– 1/4 – 1/3 cup sliced jalapenos, diced
– 3 tablespoons garlic
– 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
– 1/2 tablespoon oregano
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 4 cups chicken broth
– 1 1/2 cups sour cream
– 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
– 2 cups frozen white corn
– 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
– 1 lime, juiced
– 3 tablespoons cornstarch
– 3 tablespoons water
– Cojita cheese
– For serving: bacon crumbles, tortilla strips, sliced avocado
In a large soup pot heat olive oil and butter. Add onion and jalapeno. Cook until the onion is translucent. Add garlic, oregano, chili powder and stir.
Add broth, chicken, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add sour cream, cheese, corn, cilantro and lime juice.
In a small Tupperware bowl shake the cornstarch and water together with the lid on. Pour into soup.
Simmer 10 minutes. Serve topped with cojita, bacon, tortilla strips, more jalapenos and sliced avocado.
(Ashley Madden is a wife, mother and published cookbook author from Minden, La.)
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE