DID YOU KNOW… When you visit the Bienville Parish Library website, http://www.bienvillelibrary.org you’re in for a treat! At the top of the page is a set of icons called: QUICK LINKS, the Online Catalog is where you’ll find a new feature in the searchable database. Let’s take a quick tour!
1) Click the ONLINE CATALOG icon and Log in to your Account. The log-in is located on the upper right of your screen. You’ll need your 14-digit library card barcode number, and your password, (first 4-digits of your birthday)
2) Now in KEYWORD SEARCH field, type in the title or author you’re trying to locate. For example, “detective and mystery stories”.
3) Just beneath are two additional drop-down menus. Click the down arrow to the right of the SEARCH BY field and select, GENRE.
4) In the LIMIT BY field is another drop-down menu where you can select specifically what you’d like to see. If you leave the default setting of ALL FORMATS you can see everything available in the online collection, (Overdrive/Libby, etc.) and the Bienville Parish Library system’s physical collections.
5) To the right is where you can REFINE YOUR SEARCH by drilling down to even what Bienville Parish Library you want to locate your “detective and mystery stories”.
We’re just a few clicks from the treat!
6) Scroll down through the collection… Ah-ha! You found a book that’s caught your attention! Click on the title and scroll down to: EXPLORE SUMMARY, ABOUT THE AUTHOR, AND MORE.
7) HERE’S THE TREAT! The added feature now assembles more books, e-books, audio-books, and series collections by the author. If you scroll a little bit further…
8) YOU MAY ALSO LIKE! This whole section has even more recommendations from your selected author. It pulls together more authors that write in the genre you’ve searched, added more titles that fit your keyword search, and best of all?
From the comfort of your home, you can browse through the entire curation and find where those titles are located, and if they’re available for check out. Add them to your ACCOUNT READING LIST so you can keep track of items you’d like to read later.