It’s fall again and with that comes great weather for fishing and stocking channel catfish. As part of the Get Out and Fish! community fishing program, the Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries will stock all seventeen community fishing sites with adult sized channel catfish for Halloween weekend. So grab your fishing gear and bring your friends and family to any of our GOF! locations for some frightfully good fishing!
Get Out and Fish! Community Fishing sites to be stocked with tagged catfish include:
- Turner’s Pond – Minden
- Grambling City Park Pond – Grambling
- Elmore D. Mayfield Park – Ruston
- Kiroli Park – West Monroe
- William T. Polk City Park Pond – Vidalia
- Purple Heart Memorial Park Pond – Ragley
- 1-10 Park – Jennings
- Girard Park – Lafayette
- Southside Regional Park – Fabacher Field – Youngsville
- Bayou Country Sports Park – Houma
- Zemurray Park – Hammond
- Bogue Chitto State Park – Franklinton
- Joe W. Brown Park – New Orleans
- Parc Natchitoches – Natchitoches
- Pearson Lake, Forts Randolph & Buhlow State Historic Site – Pineville
Please remember, all anglers 16 and older must possess a Louisiana fishing license when fishing in any Louisiana public waters.
The Get Out and Fish! Program seeks to increase the number of people with access to quality fishing. The program intends to recruit new anglers to the sport of fishing and promote outdoor activities for future generations.
The LDWF Get Out & Fish is hosted in conjunction with the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Foundation (LAWFF). The Foundation was formed to help expand and support LDWF education and research programs with additional resources developed through its own facilities. Encouraging support for LDWF programs is the major focus of the Foundation, accomplished by connecting people and businesses with Louisiana’s natural resources.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE
You must log in to post a comment.