There will be six sand and sand bag distribution points throughout the parish during significant rainfall and/or flooding events. The sites and contact information is as follows:
- Arcadia City Hall – Contact City Hall at 263-8456. If after hours the Sheriff’s Office can dispatch out the public works department.
- Gibsland Water Department – Contact Gibsland City Hall at 843-6141.
- Castor School – Contact Rodney L. Warren at 245-0410.
- Ringgold Central Fire Station – Contact Ringgold City Hall at 894-4699.
- Shady Grove School – Contact Marvin Peoples at 259-7741.
- Saline Fire Station – Contact Mayor Dorothy Satcher.
Sand bags will be limited to 20 per household and will be available during the hours of 7:30 a.m to 3:30 p.m.
To report an issue or typo with this article – CLICK HERE